[teqc] translating .rt17 files - without attachment

Sibylle Goebell sgoebell at awi-bremerhaven.de
Thu Jun 3 05:58:10 MDT 2004

Hello,

I am using

teqc -tr s +obs 05132158.04o 05132158.r17

Unfortunately, .04o remains empty and I get only messages like:

get_next_Trimble_RS_232_record failed: type= 0xfb
unknown Trimble RT17 type

Does anyone have suggestions what I can do ?  Or does it mean that .r17
cannot be translated at all since the data are corrupt?

Lou, you suggested to use the "concise" instead of the "expanded"
format. This is, what we did in addition to a higher baud rate.
But now it seems like it that these .r17 files contain no valid data.
Why is that?

Thanks in advance,

Sibylle