[teqc] GeoGenius

Lou Estey lou at unavco.org
Thu Sep 2 09:45:01 MDT 2004

hi Sam,

>> Are the Terrasat .OBS files at http://www.gps-survey.com
>> in GeoTracer format?

> It certainly looks like GeoTracer (receiver) output. But not fully
> identical to
> the GeoTracer 2000 (L1 only) which I implemented. I think the Z-XII is a
> dual frequency receiver, this might account for the differences.
>
> You can contact Herbert at Herbert_Landau at trimble.com

Thanks.  It's probably time to contact a source. :)

The other item that I've noticed about the Z-12 RINEX at this
site is it doesn't have bit 2 of the LLI flag set for A/S on
(which was on all SVs for the day in question).

If the Terrasat software is re-translating Z-12 data into
a GeoTracer format (the .OBS files), and then GeoGenius is
translating that format into RINEX, the situation might be
that there are not the necessary fields in the GeoTracer format
to fully reconstruct RINEX as it would be if one were to
directly translate the Z-12 data into RINEX with ASRINEXO,
ash2rin, teqc, etc.  (Thus, potentially, the ms reset problem,
missing A/S flag, and whatever else.)