[teqc] GeoGenius

John Galvin lgalvin at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 2 14:45:11 MDT 2004

Gerry,

That's all well and good to standardise on teqc, but for this case, you're still going through an unwanted translation from Ashtec binary to GeoGenius format.  Or rather the website offering the files in GeoGenius format, have performed the unwanted translation.  Whether you run GeoGenius to do a further translation to Rinex , or Lou modifies Teqc to do it, the potential for damage is already past.

I'm sure that whomever is posting these GeoGenius files on that website thinks that they're helping, by translating raw Ashtec binary to GeoGenius.  Perhaps it would be easiest, just to ask them to use Teqc to directly translate Ashtec binary to Rinex, or better yet, just post the Ashtec binary, in the first place?

John Galvin

Gerry Creager N5JXS <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:
I, for one, have tried to standardise on tecq for my translations. When
I use the vendor-de-jure translation tool, results can vary and this
leads to problems in quality control. So far, tecq has been pretty
consistent for my needs, and Lou responsive to requests.

If we can use tecq to translate the GeoGenius files, we retain
consistency. If we can't, I guess someone's going to have to develop
another QC test.

Gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173