[binex] Re: [teqc] T00 trimble files

David Mencin mencin at unavco.org
Thu Mar 31 09:13:39 MST 2005

Lou,
    BINEX is supported in firmware versions 1.1-x and greater (this
includes the current production release). We are still using firmware
version 0.7-0 and are currently evaluating 1.1-3 for deployment within
PBO. We do not recommend upgrading firmware at remote sites at this time
due to bugs related to restarting the receiver, we believe at this time
these issues have been resolved in the firmware we are currently testing.

-- Dave

Lou Estey wrote:

>> Olivier,
>>
>>     You might consider using BINEX if you want to skip the runpkr00
>> step.  I have not used BINEX in production from the NETRS.  Lou could
>> tell you where TEQC stands reading BINEX from the NETRS.  It think is
>> is pretty solid though.
>>
>> Steve
>

> (originally a thread on the "teqc" forum, but I'm cc-ing the "binex"
> forum as well)
>
> This was developed in cooperation with Trimble (Brian Frohring) for
> PBO/EarthScope.
> Brian and I think the definition is pretty solid for the NetRS; the
> data will be in the 0x7f-03 record
> http://binex.unavco.org/binex_record_7f.html#7f_03
> Final acceptance of the current definition is pending final data
> processing tests
> here at UNAVCO, though my understanding is that Trimble has already
> done tests
> and there are no problems.
>
> But I'm going to let Brian or someone from PBO comment further, esp. with
> regards to the NetRS firmware supporting BINEX  For example, with the
> right
> firmware the NetRS will stream BINEX, but I don't know the plans or
> status
> of downloading BINEX from the receiver.
>
> The current development version of teqc can read 0x7f-03, or read other
> formats and convert it to 0x7f-03 if you want.
>
> BTW, it's possible there will be some additions to the 0x7f-03
> definition for
> one or more Topcon receivers, but these won't conflict with the current
> definition used by the NetRS.

David Mencin
Senior Engineer
Plate Boundary Observatory