[teqc] $teqc_OPT problem in DOS shell

John Galvin lgalvin at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 8 12:54:36 MDT 2005

Carsten,

The behavior you described, is what happens if you're using Win98 dos shell, or the older command.com under Win2K/XP.  If the latter, it's easy to remedy.  Start=>Run=>cmd.  That will start the native Win2K/XP shell processor, which properly handles upper/lower case.

John Galvin

Carsten Kurz <audiovisual at t-online.de> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to feed a standard config file into teqc using
$teqc_OPT=-config ss2b in DOS. It doesn't work. Adding the same config
file manually to the cmdline does work.

I checked the $teqc_OPT variable with SET, and noticed that
although I set it as $teqc_OPT, it is reported to be $TEQC_OPT.
I assume that teqc will not recognize an uppercase version of $teqc_OPT?
Is there any way to make this work under DOS? It seems DOS is storing
all custom ENV in uppercase (which I know have confirmed through
Google).

Is anyone using $teqc_OPT succesfully in DOS?

Regards - Carsten