[teqc] teqc removal of SPLICE COMMENT

Drazen Svehla svehla at bv.tu-muenchen.de
Fri Jun 24 08:43:04 MDT 2005

Dear Mr. Cilliers,

Using Linux command from the command prompt
you may remove "comment lines" or any other line from an ASCII file that
contains word COMMENT.

grep -v COMMENT DRAZEN.05O  > DRAZEN.05O_correct

or generic form

grep -v word old_file  > new_file

the "word" can also contains spaces and in that case you may use
grep -v "word1 word2" old_file   > new_file
or you may try
grep -v 'word1 word2' old_file   > new_file

I do not know if such a feature is available under  Windows Console

Hope this helps and improves your important work you are doing
Drazen

Pierre Cilliers wrote:

>  Colleagues
>  Our readrinex routine cannot deal with postheader comment lines  in
> RINEX observation files.
>  The teqc option -phc removes all but the RINEX FILE SPLICE comments.
> Many of the igs RINEX files for the IGS GPS    station mali in Kenya
> have postheader comments.
>
>  Is there another option in teqc by means of which one can remove the
> SPLICE comment lines too?
>  Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
>  Regards
>  Pierre
>
>> Dr Pierre Cilliers
>> Research Physicist, Hermanus Magnetic Observatory
>> P O Box 32, Hermanus 7200, South Africa
>> e-mail:     pjcilliers at hmo.ac.za <mailto:pjcilliers at hmo.ac.za>, Web:
>> http://www.hmo.ac.za <http://www.hmo.ac.za/>
>> Phone:     +27-(0)28-312 1196
>> Fax          +27-(0)28-312 2039
>> "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of
>> his hands".PSALM 19:1(NIV)

Drazen Svehla
Institute of Astronomical and Physical Geodesy
Technical University of Munich

Arcisstrasse 21, D-80333 Munich, Germany
Phone :  ++49-89-28923180
Fax : ++49-89-28923178
E-mail: svehla at bv.tum.de
http://tau.fesg.tu-muenchen.de/~drazen/