[teqc] Question about SNR mapping for AshTech stream data

Henry Hu z3106908 at student.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jun 28 16:16:06 MDT 2005

Hello,

We are developing a decoder program to transfer AshTech stream data to RINEX file. I compared our result with the output from TEQC, I have a question about SNR mapping in obs files. From the AshTech document for the MPC message, I learned that the signal-to-noise indicator has a value range between 30 and 60 and the unit is dB-Hz.  But in the TEQC obs file head, SNR is mapped using L1: 1 -> 1;  90 -> 5; 210 -> 9 and L2: 1 -> 1; 150 -> 5; 250 -> 9.  Could anyone here please explain this to me?

Many Thanks.

Best regards,

Henry You-Heng Hu, PhD Student
School of Surveying & Spatial Information Systems
The University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052, AUSTRALIA
Tel:   +61-2-9385 4185 (Int.)
Mob:   0410-795852 (Australia)