[teqc] dumb clock questions

Werner Gurtner werner.gurtner at aiub.unibe.ch
Thu Sep 1 11:54:47 MDT 2005

Lou,

I am currently out of the country (vacations) and have only limited access to
the email. I did not follow all the mails about the dumb clock questions.

Maybe you could send a sample file to my Bernese colleagues
(urs.hugentobler at aiub.unibe.ch) and ask them what happens with the jumps. I
assume that depending on the preprocessing steps it could be that some epochs
around the jumps are rejected. But I am not sure.

regards,

Werner

Zitat von Lou Estey <lou at unavco.org>:

> Geoff,
>
> >   I'll be happy with this too!  As you say Lou, teqc +smtt doesn't work
> > on rinex files, so it can't be run after-the-fact if the archive only
> > has teqc -smtt flavored rinex.   A question might be: how does this
> > affect gamit and bernese users? (which I think you asked already - but
> > didn't see any responses).
>
> I'm pretty the "smooth time, ms-jumpy phase and pseudorange" RINEX works
> OK in Bernese, though perhaps some expert could comment on whether certain
> epochs bordering the ms-reset points get special treatment (perhaps even
> rejection).
>
> No idea about Gamit.  Bob K., Tom H.?
>
> > Note to gipsy users - clockprep would still be run by default in scripts
> > like "point_rnx" etc., which is OK and in fact a good thing, because
> > occasionally you do get data that is *actually* time tagged .999000 sec
> > and .001000 sec (at least, I've seen this in Trimble 5700 data). [...]
>
> ... this being the recent finding from your earlier thread to the teqc list
> (questioning whether `teqc +smtt` was doing the right thing when these were
> showing up in 5700 data).  My question to either you or Jeff: _why_ is it
> a good idea to run this type of RINEX through clockprep?  (i.e. `teqc +smtt`
> type RINEX where epoch should nominally be on the second, but for whatever
> reason the receiver occasionally samples +/-1 ms off the nominal epoch).
> I guess I'm wondering if there is something I should be adding to teqc that
> clockprep does in this case.

Werner Gurtner
University of Berne
werner.gurtner at aiub.unibe.ch