[teqc] Obtaining position information from RINEX data using teqc qc-full

Geoff Blewitt gblewitt at unr.edu
Sat Mar 8 14:06:07 MST 2008

Pierre,
    I would not even try - teqc does not have high accuracy models for
positioning, and there are software packages out there that can get you
a point position to within 1 cm (as compared to tens of meters).

I use GIPSY-OASIS2 from JPL.  If you don't have that, you can try their
"ag" (autogipsy) "mail-in" system.

http://milhouse.jpl.nasa.gov/ag/

I have not use ag myself, but the statistics show that it is used a lot.
Apparently it returns answers in 5-10 minute.
As I understand it, you have to figure out antenna height etc. yourself,
but I would read the FAQs on the web page for more information.

-Geoff

Pierre Cilliers wrote:
> Has anyone done a systematic analysis of the accuracy of obtaining
> position information from RINEX data using teqc qc-full?
>
> Dr Pierre Cilliers
> Research Physicist, Hermanus Magnetic Observatory, South Africa

Dr Geoffrey Blewitt, Professor of Space Geodesy
Mackay School of Earth Sciences and Engineering
NV Bureau of Mines & Geology, and NV Seismo Lab
University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557-0178, USA
   http://www.nbmg.unr.edu/staff/geoff.htm