[teqc] change tps file name

Lou Estey lou at unavco.org
Wed Jul 16 14:12:09 MDT 2008

Tom,

If the software controlling the receiver is also creating RINEX, then
it's not a teqc question. ;)  From the part of Hannan's question:

"is it possible to tell teqc to read the file and to generate automatically
this kind of file name" i.e. PPPPDDDS...S.JJo,

then I think he's talking about having teqc create RINEX.  As background,
the original design of teqc was that filenames -- both input and output --
were the user's responsibility and there was no requirements other than
the filenames be valid on that OS.  Beyond that, they could be anything
(and believe me, we've seen just about that).

Now, just yesterday, I got the first cut of the -tbin [-ast] options
working -- see http://ls.unavco.org/pipermail/teqc/2008/000710.html
and http://ls.unavco.org/pipermail/teqc/2007/000549.html -- which would
create standardized RINEX names more or less like Hannan is asking for.

With -tbin and hourly TPS files as input, the teqc command might be
something like:

teqc -topcon tps -tbin site 1h +obs + onehour.tps

where here we would be assuming that we want the time alignment starting
at 00:00 in the day and the hourly RINEX file would a letter a-x for the
hours 00-23, depending on the start time of the data in the file onehour.tps.

This will be available in the next teqc release -- sort of a beta
release of this functionality.  We are currently running teqc through
its normal paces before cutting a release.