[teqc] compiling teqc in cywgin

Lou Estey lou at unavco.org
Fri Sep 11 09:26:31 MDT 2009

Björn, Andre, or other Cygwin users,

I have a question for all you teqc users on Cygwin.  When using the
Borland build of teqc, does filename globbing work correctly
in the shell command lines?  My reason for asking is that in compiling
the Borland build of teqc, I include the Borland wildargs.c which
does at least some kind of filename matching for '*' in an ordinary
DOS shell.  However, I recently discovered (because I don't typically
use teqc on Windows) that this built-in matching does not order
multiple matches alphanumerically like a regular UNIX shell.  (When
run on DOS, the matching filename order supplied to the rest of teqc
looks random to me, i.e. it is not sorted alphanumerically.)

If the filename globbing with the Borland build teqc.exe _does_ work
correctly on Cygwin (i.e. with wildcards.c compiled in), I suppose that
means that the shell is first parsing the command line, searching for
matching filenames, and then supplying teqc.exe with a nice sorted list.

If filename globbing isn't working on Cygwin, I'd like to know about
that.