[teqc] Leica Measurement Engine version in teqc generated rinexfile

Schmidt, Michael Michael.Schmidt at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Feb 1 11:53:56 MST 2010

Hi Lou

We do use TEQC for the translation for IGS sites.

However I think it would be worthwhile including the ME; coincidentally
we were discussing this here last week and were simply going to include
the FW / ME in both the IGS log and in the RINEX header in the same
format as Frank showed in his RINEX header: 7.70/3.018. As it turns out
it is important to have this information as there is not necessarily a
unique correlation in FW and ME versions - see for example
IGSSTATION-3553: 7.53/3.017 upgraded to 7.53/3.018.

Cheers

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: teqc-bounces at ls.unavco.org [mailto:teqc-bounces at ls.unavco.org] On
Behalf Of Lou Estey
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 10:41 AM
To: teqc
Subject: Re: [teqc] Leica Measurement Engine version in teqc generated
rinexfile

Thanks, Frank.  So, there is a difference between the translations that
Spider does and that of Geo Office?

One of my main concerns is what is being recording in IGS site logs for
IGS sites with Leica receivers using MDB.  I would not want to foul up
the
IGS's comparison of IGS site logs to RINEX headers anywhere if teqc was
in use to create the RINEX.  (If teqc is _not_ being used for
translation
at any current IGS sites using Leica MDB, then I see no reason not to
include the version of the measurement engine in the "VERS" field as
Uwe proposed.)

--lou

 > Leica reference station products to write always both FW and ME
version
 > into the RINEX header when converting from MDB.
 >
 > See here e.g. from GNSS Spider:
 >
 >      2.11           OBSERVATION DATA    M                   RINEX
VERSION / TYPE
 > SPIDER V3,2,5,3239  LGS                 2010 02 01 18:05    PGM / RUN
BY / DATE
 > RUTH                                                        MARKER
NAME
 > 75607L001                                                   MARKER
NUMBER
 > Martin Fuchs        Leica Geosystems AG                     OBSERVER
/ AGENCY
 > 451101              LEICA GRX1200GGPRO  7.70/3.018          REC # /
TYPE / VERS
 >                     LEIAX1202GG     NONE                    ANT # /
TYPE