[teqc] batch file for teqc on windows

Brad Danielson bdd at ualberta.ca
Mon Mar 8 15:37:58 MST 2010

Hello Randy,

I'd agree with Andy's suggestion of using a for loop.  This works, though
typically I'd write something in a bash script - not sure I'd be any
additional help to you for DOS scripts.

However, if you don't want to go this route, there's another option.  I
certainly don't want to tell you "don't use teqc", because I think it's
great, but I've also used the Trimble utility "Convert to RINEX" with
success on batches of Trimble binary files.
Here's the link to the (free) utility:
http://www.trimble.com/trimblerinex_ts.asp

And below are some note's I've made, based on my own usage.  Hope this is of
some help.

Regards,
Brad

--
Brad Danielson
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences

*Batch Processing Trimble Data:  binary to RINEX*

The Trimble utility  *Convert to RINEX* is a free download from the Trimble
website (http://www.trimble.com/trimblerinex_ts.asp).
This program can be used to convert Trimble binary files (.T00 or .T01) or
ASCII format .DAT files to RINEX v2.10, v2.11, or v3.00 format files.
The program can convert single files, and can also be used for batch jobs.

*How To Batch Process:*

   1. Prepare Raw files:  have all the binary or DAT files that you want to
   convert in a batch, stored in a single directory on your disc.  (See note
   below on restrictions to batch size.)
   2. Start the *Convert to RINEX* program.  A terminal window will briefly
   open, then the GUI application will start.
   3. Select File: Open.  Use the file browser to navigate to the directory
   where your bin or dat files are stored.  Select all files.  The program will
   take some time to read in all the files.
   4. Examine the settings in the Options Menu, which is accessed under the
   Tools Menu.
   5. Under the File Menu, select "Convert Files".
   6. Be prepared to wait.  A big batch will take a while.

*Bug Note:*
There seems to be a size limit to the batch jobs that can be processed -
extremely large jobs (tried ~2880 files from a 4mo. acquisition) cause
errors when trying to load the entire file list.
To keep batches to a size that the program seems to be able to handle, I've
been leaving the binary files in 1 month groups, in separate directories
(~720 files to a batch)