[teqc] effect of Everest multipath reduction on GPS time series ?

Matt King m.a.king at newcastle.ac.uk
Wed Sep 22 16:23:35 MDT 2010

Hi Chuck

People who understand multipath suppression better than I will let you know what Everest is doing, but certainly *carrier phase* multipath can produce long period artifacts which are not random - at least in combination with time-varying satellite geometry. If Everest is modifying this (and not just pseudorange multipath), then this will make a difference.

See my recent paper below - it's open access, so anyone can grab it

King, M.A., and C.S. Watson. 2010. Long GPS coordinate time series: multipath and geometry effects, J. Geophys. Res., 115, B04403, doi:10.1029/2009JB006543.

Matt King
m.a.king at ncl.ac.uk