[teqc] teqc +diag parsing results from leica mdb

Lou Estey lou at unavco.org
Wed Oct 20 08:49:44 MDT 2010

>> I ve tried to search for this markers in the parsing results
>> MDB 0x13 = 19
>> MDB 0x14 = 20
>> MDB 0x77 = 119
>> MDB 0x78 = 120
>> with "teqc -leica mdb +meta +diag 1.m00 2>&1 | grep "type= 0x13" | wc"
>> and i did not found anything.It s quite strange because when i import
>> this mdb file in leica geo office i can see the points and the baseline
>> between reference station and each point. I also tried to teqc another
>> mdb file from another leica device and i can find those markers, as you
>> said. Also i can generate Rinex nav data and Rinex obs data from another
>> leica device, but not from mine (only nav data with empty obs file).
>> Maybe i something related to my controller. Again, something strange is
>> that when i import data from my controller to leica geo office *i can't*
>> see active satellites related to my measurements (point observation) but
>> again the list of active satellites appear when I import mdb from
>> another Leica device.
>> I attached the mdb file to the email.

> But, I honestly do not think there are any MDB data records in the 1.m00
> file that you sent that can be converted to a RINEX obs file. Maybe (?)
> what Leica Geo Office does with this file is just show you the results of
> what's in the 30 point records 0x71 -- you'll have to ask someone more
> familiar with Leica Geo Office about that.

 From a quick review of the Leica documentation on record 0x71 == 113,
the "Point" record:

This looks like a solution record produced by the receiver: position,
matrix error estimates, all the DOPs, velocity estimate, various other
solution stats, ...

I'm standing by my guess that Leica Geo Office is just plotting up
what in these point records (and maybe using a bit of a few other
records), but not creating RINEX or any equivalent and then processing
raw data from scratch.  If I'm wrong, someone can chime in.