[teqc] TPS conversion problem

Lou Estey lou at unavco.org
Wed Nov 3 14:39:57 MDT 2010


hi Rui,

Looks like you've run into something new for me. Go ahead and send
me (not the list!) one of the files where this occurs and I'll take
a look.

cheers,
--lou

On 11/3/2010 2:16 PM, Rui Manuel da Silva Fernandes wrote:
> Hi Lou,
> Sorry... Forgot to tell that I was using the latest version. The problem
> still occurs:
>
> <geodac#/home/gpsdata>teqc -version
> executable: teqc
> version: teqc 2010Oct21
> build: Linux 2.4.20-8|Pentium IV|gcc -static|Linux|486/DX+
>
> <geodac#/home/gpsdata>teqc +err /dev/null -sv_reset -top tps
> /media/NETS/REPANGOL/RAW/30s/2010/300/BNGL/BNGL1027* > BNGL3000.10O
>
> <geodac#/home/gpsdata>teqc BNGL3000.10O > /dev/null
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 05:46:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 480.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 05:58:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 60.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 06:46:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 2910.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:22:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 180.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:28:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 240.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:36:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 120.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:43:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 420.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:00:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 600.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:24:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 1050.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:31:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 390.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:59:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 330.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 09:00:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 60.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 09:02:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 120.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 09:31:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
> data gap of 1020.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>
> Something different? I also noticed this repeats more or less on the
> same time of the day (not exactly the same epochs) day by day...
>
> Best,
> Rui
>
>
>
>> hi Rui,
>>
>> What you show below is for the 2010Oct21 version?
>>
>> "recent" TPS/JPS activity that might be related:
>> (from http://facility.unavco.org/software/teqc/log.html )
>>
>> 2010 Aug 23:
>> (oops) replaced missing return after calling decompose_Topcon_RD() in
>> case for Topcon TPS/Javad JPS message [RD] in switch in
>> next_Topcon_record()
>> (error introduced between 21 Apr 2009 and 29 Apr 2009) — the hallmark
>> of the coding mistake is that the [RD] message and possibly random bytes
>> after it in memory would then be interpreted as an [SI] message leading
>> to a very incorrect satellite listing for the subsequent epochs
>>
>> 2009 Oct 9:
>> addition of a new option, sv_reset, currently on by default (i.e.
>> +sv_reset),
>> that controls whether the resetting of the current SV count to zero will
>> occur — as when encountering any 8-bit checksum error when reading Topcon
>> TPS/Javad JPS formats in next_Topcon_record(); use -sv_reset to
>> suppress the reset
>>
>> 2009 Sep 30:
>> for reading Topcon TPS/Javad JPS format, a change to
>> spew_Topcon_TPS_epoch()
>> (resetting of the days static variable to zero when there is a current
>> [RD]
>> message) to deal with more irregular occurrences of [RD] messages in a
>> sequence
>> of data epochs
>>
>> If you are using a version of 2009Oct9 or later, try again and add in
>> the option '-sv_reset'. ('+sv_reset', requiring cleaner data, is the
>> default.)
>>
>> cheers,
>> --lou
>>
>> On 11/3/2010 1:27 PM, Rui Manuel da Silva Fernandes wrote:
>>> Hi Lou,
>>> I used teqc to translate hourly files (merged into daily files) from a
>>> new Topcon NET-G3A receiver. The command that I used is a little bit
>>> more complex (it is inside a script) but this one should present similar
>>> results...
>>> <geodac#/home/gpsdata>teqc BNGL1027*.TPS > BNGL3000.10O
>>> However, I noticed a lot of data gaps:
>>> <geodac#/home/gpsdata>teqc BNGL3000.10O > /dev/null
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 05:46:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 480.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 05:58:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 60.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 06:46:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 2910.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:22:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 180.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:28:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 240.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:36:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 120.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 07:43:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 420.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:00:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 600.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:24:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 1050.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:31:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 390.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 08:59:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 330.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 09:00:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 60.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 09:02:30.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 120.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>> ! Notice ! 2010 Oct 27 09:31:00.000: poss. incr. of sampling int. OR
>>> data gap of 1020.000 seconds (min. dt found= 30.000 s)
>>>
>>> This repeats for other days and other stations.
>>>
>>> In order to try to detect the problem, I also used tps2rin (the tool
>>> provided by Topcon) to convert the files and the merged file does not
>>> show any data gaps. So, I really suspect that there is some issue in the
>>> raw data (TPS) of the new Topcon receivers when translated with teqc. Is
>>> this related with the issue that you detected last year concerning the
>>> Javad/Topcon format?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rui


More information about the teqc mailing list