[teqc] Tow

andrea.stuerze at bkg.bund.de andrea.stuerze at bkg.bund.de
Wed May 25 09:49:37 MDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

As already mentioned from Dmitry, ToW is not a part of RTCM ephemeris message.

After RINEX version 3.03, ToW has to be set to a value of 0.9999E9 if it is not known.

In RINEX version 2.* is no value defined, which has to be used if ToW is unknown. Hence, our decision was to use 0.9999E9 as well.
But now I found a more general recommendation within the RINEX 2.11 format description https://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/data/format/rinex211.txt:  "Empty fields or unknown values can either be represented by zeroes or blank space".  Hence, we will change BNC's RINEX v 2.11 output regarding ToW to zero.

Last but not least: Bug reports with respect to BNC are welcome via https://software.rtcm-ntrip.org/newticket or igs-ip at bkg.bund.de<mailto:igs-ip at bkg.bund.de>.

Best regards, Andrea.

Dipl.-Ing. Andrea Stürze
Department G2 - Navigation -
Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy
Richard-Strauss-Allee 11, 60598 Frankfurt Main
E-mail: andrea.stuerze at bkg.bund.de
Internet: www.bkg.bund.de