[teqc] -tbin option intermittently removing comments from second and subsequent obs files

Neville Palmer N.Palmer at gns.cri.nz
Thu Jul 7 22:53:58 MDT 2016

I am using the teqc -tbin option to generate daily RINEX files from
Trimble NetR9 tgd files. The tgd files are 24 hour files with 15 second
epochs with occupations spanning 2 to 5 days.

The problem I encounter seems to happen with the data sets from some
occupations but not others. All receivers are NetR9 running firmware 4.62.

I am running teqc version 2016Apr1 and have had the same result with both
Linux and Windows versions.

As an example if I use the following command
teqc -config 1144_2016-02-04.cfg -tbin 1d 1144 +obs + +nav +,+ 1144/*.tgd
The first (24 hour) RINEX obs file is produced correctly but the second
and all subsequent files have all the comment lines removed. This applies
to the comments that I have explicitly added in the config file as well as
those automatically inserted by teqc.

If I run an almost identical command with another set of tgd data from a
different occupation/receiver it will sometimes work correctly with all
obs files containing the comment lines as expected. There doesn't seem to
be any reason why it works sometimes but not others.

If I exclude the "+nav +,+" option or explicitly name the nav file names,
as per the following two examples, the obs files are generated correctly
as expected for all cases.

teqc -config 1144_2016-02-04.cfg -tbin 1d 1144 +obs + 1144/*.tgd
teqc -config 1144_2016-02-04.cfg -tbin 1d 1144 +obs + +nav
gps.nav,glonass.nav 1144/*.tgd

I can provide examples of the *.tgd files along with a listing of the
commands I am using that give both the correct and incorrect outputs if
that is of use.

As another less important aside. In all cases when I am generating RINEX
as above, the second obs file generated for each teqc -tbin command has an
"INTERVAL" header line inserted. I have not specified and -int option in
any cases. All subsequent as well as the first obs file do not have this
additional header line. This doesn't cause me any problems but does seem a
little odd.

Regards
Neville

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.