[teqc] Trimble RTX and teqc

John Hamilton hamilton at terrasurv.com
Wed Feb 21 12:03:28 MST 2018

Yes. And I use it exclusively, because I thought since that is what they
use for the CORS, it would be better to use it rather than some
manufacturers software.

Not really that hard, when I wrote software in the 1990's to log data at
CORS it was capturing RT17 output from trimble receivers. I set it up to
output both dat files (very similar to RT17) and rinex, it was not that
complicated to create a correct rinex file using the specs. So basically I
included a dat to rinex converter in my software, seemed to work just fine.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Mark Silver <ms at igage.com> wrote:

> You are absolutely correct teqc is the standard that is crazy talk. Are
> you using the latest version of teqc
>
> ---
> Mark Silver
> iGage Mapping Corp
> 1545 S 1100 E STE 1
> Salt Lake City UT 84105
> ms at igage.com
> office: +1-801-412-0011 x16
> cell: +1-801-824-3367
> Skype: ms.igage.com
> WeChat: ms_igage
>   this messasge was built on Mark's phone...
>
> On Feb 21, 2018 8:19 AM, "John Hamilton" <hamilton at terrasurv.com> wrote:
>
>> If I convert a data file from a Trimble receiver (R10) using teqc and
>> send it to the Trimble RTX service (PPP), it only uses the GPS satellites,
>> and ignores the other constellations. But, if I convert to rinex using the
>> trimble utility, it processes all of the constellations. So, I contacted
>> RTX support, and here is the response I got back...
>>
>> I think the issue lies with using the teqc converter to convert your
>> files to RINEX – I’m not intimately familiar with this tool, but perhaps
>> there is a misconfiguration, or the RINEX file being generated is not
>> standard.
>>
>> I always use teqc because I thought it would the the "most standard".
>>

>> --
>> John Hamilton, PA PLS
>> Terrasurv, Inc
>> Pittsburgh, PA
>> Voice: +1-412-341-5620 <(412)%20341-5620>
>> Fax: +1-412-535-5185 <(412)%20535-5185>
>> File Transfer: terrasurv.wetransfer.com

John Hamilton, PA PLS
Terrasurv, Inc