[teqc] Trimble RTX and teqc

John Hamilton hamilton at terrasurv.com
Thu Feb 22 12:50:01 MST 2018


Lou: using the +CA_L1 option did the trick, RTX processed that file using
both constellations.

Thanks very much, great service unavco provides!

John

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Lou Estey <lou at unavco.org> wrote:

> hi John,
>
> (Note for the teqc list: John sent me a sample .t02 file from his Trimble
> R10,
> on which the following is based.)
>
> It appears that all you have to do, for this case of a .tgd converted from
> a
> .t02 from an R10, is include the teqc option '+CA_L1' during translation.
> E.g. if you include '+CA_L1' for the SV/observation summary run:
>
> [1156] teqc +quiet +CA_L1 -G +all -O.sum . 42400512.tgd
>          L1    L2    C1    C2    P2    S1    S2
>         ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----
>    R04   240   240   240   240   240   240   240
>    R14   240   240   240   240   240   240   240
>    R13   240   240   240   240   240   240   240
>    R12   170     0   170     0     0   170     0
>    R03   240   240   240   240   240   240   240
>    R02   240   240   240   240   240   240   240
>    R15    82    82    82    82    82    82    82
>
> ... then you see that the RINEX L1 (and S1) are now populated for GLONASS.
>
> Here at UNAVCO are vastly more familiar with the Trimble NetR9, and teqc
> has been
> tuned to get the RINEX L1, S1, and D1 (the latter if you wanted L1 doppler
> as well)
> for GLONASS to be from the observables of the GLONASS G1HA
> ("high-accuracy") signal
> (analogous to the GPS L1P(Y) signal, except there's no encryption on G1HA).
>
> However, based on your file, the Trimble R10 does not appear to track
> G1HA, and
> instead tracks just the G1SA ("standard accuracy") signal (analogous to
> the GPS L1C/A
> signal). Therefore, you have to instruct teqc to get the RINEX L1 (and S1
> and D1) from
> a different location.
>
> Note for all: In general, I'd like find time to disambiguate selection of
> GPS L1C/A observables from L1P(Y) observables using '+CA_L1' and '-CA_L1'
> vs. the selection of GLONASS G1SA observables from G1HA observables using
> a new set of options, say, '+SA_L1' and '-SA_L1'.  This has been on my "to
> do"
> list for quite a while, but these options don't yet exist.
>
> cheers,
> --lou
>
> On 21-Feb-18 01:36 PM, Lou Estey wrote:
>
>> Ok, what we've learned here is that the Trimble conversion is
>> including GPS L2C data and excluding GPS L2P(Y) pseudorange data compared
>> to the default teqc translation.  (However, the Trimble translation
>> must be including GPS L2P(Y) phase data because the RINEX L2 count
>> is non-zero for the GPS SVs where the RINEX C2 count is zero.
>> That's sort of odd ...)
>>
>> However, you say that the teqc-produced RINEX in the RTX processing
>> is handling GPS ok, but not GLONASS.  For GLONASS, the big difference
>> is the lack of G1SA phase data in the teqc-produced RINEX.  This is
>> definitely not normal, but then again most of our GLONASS experience
>> from Trimble receivers is from the NetR9, not an R10 like you are
>> using.
>>
>> I guess this will take looking at the raw data file from R10, which
>> you can email to me.  (Any short file will suffice.)
>>
>> --lou
>>
>> On 2018 Feb 21, 12:34 PM, John Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> So here is the output from the trimble conversion:
>>>           C1    C2    L1    L2    P2
>>>          ----  ----  ----  ----  ----
>>>     G01   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G10   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G12   232   232   232   232   232
>>>     G14   240     0   240   240   240
>>>     G22   240     0   240   240   240
>>>     G25   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G31   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G32   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G26   170   170   170   170   170
>>>     G03   154   154   154   154   154
>>>     R02   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     R03   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     R04   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     R12   170     0   170     0     0
>>>     R13   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     R14   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     R15    82    82    82    82    82
>>>
>>> and the teqc conversion...
>>>           L1    L2    C1    P2    S1    S2
>>>          ----  ----  ----  ----  ----  ----
>>>     G10   240   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G32   240   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G14   240   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G31   240   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G25   240   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G22   240   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G01   240   240   240   240   240   240
>>>     G12   232   232   232   232   232   232
>>>     G26   170   170   170   170   170   170
>>>     G03   154   154   154   154   154   154
>>>     R04     0   240   240   240     0   240
>>>     R14     0   240   240   240     0   240
>>>     R13     0   240   240   240     0   240
>>>     R12     0     0   170     0     0     0
>>>     R03     0   240   240   240     0   240
>>>     R02     0   240   240   240     0   240
>>>     R15     0    82    82    82     0    82
>>>
>>> I was not using any options, just teqc 42400510.tgd>42400510.18o. In the
>>> past I always used -tr d but discovered that was not necessary
>>>
>>


-- 
John Hamilton, PA PLS
Terrasurv, Inc
Pittsburgh, PA
Voice: +1-412-341-5620
Fax: +1-412-535-5185
File Transfer: terrasurv.wetransfer.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://postal.unavco.org/pipermail/teqc/attachments/20180222/dbdd6397/attachment.html>


More information about the teqc mailing list