[teqc] Trimble RTX and teqc

John Hamilton hamilton at terrasurv.com
Thu Feb 22 13:05:42 MST 2018

The R10 will track L5 but it was not enabled. I have gone in to the web UI
and set it to track all constellations, all signals, and next time I use it
it is back to just the basics. I believe (must do some testing) that using
a data collector changes the tracking parameters. Not sure why the tracking
all does not stay enabled.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Lou Estey <lou at unavco.org> wrote:

> hi Evon,
>
> The Trimble R10 -- or at least the one John had given the way it was set
> up -- does not
> appear to track GPS L5.
>
> You are correct that GPS L5 can't technically be stored in a RINEX 2.10
> file and one needs
> a RINEX 2.11 file.   But, anyway, teqc has been outputting RINEX as "2.11"
> for the past decade.
>
> John's teqc-translation/RTX/GLONASS problem was clearly related to just
> what an R10 vs.
> a NetR9 tracks on GLONASS.
>
> cheers,
> --lou
>
> On 21-Feb-18 03:17 PM, Evon Silvia wrote:
>
>> I don't see L5 in your SUM files, but we've seen the Trimble conversion
>> software drop L2C when L5 records are present from a particular satellite.
>> This can be corrected by ensuring that you're writing RINEX 2.11 and not
>> RINEX 2.10, which is the default for the Trimble software. Moral of the
>> story is make sure you're using RINEX 2.11 in all conversion steps.
>>
>> May or may not help in your situation, but it seemed relevant.
>>
>> Evon

John Hamilton, PA PLS
Terrasurv, Inc
Pittsburgh, PA