[teqc] Query TEQC

Alberto Lopez alberto.lopez3 at upr.edu
Tue Oct 2 21:41:20 MDT 2018

Hello Javier,

As Lou and Jeff stated, you will need Trimble proprietary software to make the conversion.  I am assuming you are not downloading
the data straight from the receiver since it does have a way to convert to different RINEX versions and even in the Hatanaka
compression versions, as well as in BINEX.

Below is a modified version of a script I use in Linux to convert the T02 files after downloading them from campaign receivers.  The script assumes you have
already runpkr00 in your system (path) as well the super useful code julday from the PASSCAL software suite.  You can use the equivalent GIPSY executable
cal2day.

#!/bin/bash
#
#  Alberto M. Lopez  [Developed September 2, 2015]
#
#  Script for changing filename and headers from T02 format into
#  appropriate surveyed campaign station
#  This script assumes  will have always the same antenna -receiver combination
#  but does not use the same antenna height.  The line below that invokes teqc must be edited
#  to assign Name, Agency and Type of receiver.   Read the teqc manual for the different -O options.
#     USAGE:  Place all T02 files in a directory.  These are the files d/l'ed from the
#             receiver, which will have the Serial No. of the receiver, year, month and day.  The script will ask for the station name and the
#             antenna height used for the campaign.  The script will rename the file to the appropriate RINEX
#             convention (STATDOYS.YYX), and will fix the header to include the correct station name and height.
#             The script will generate directories for each day and will enter there to run teqc Quality Control
#             and it will generate the Summary QC file and all the QC plots.  You can run later teqcplot for sky plots and the like.
#		A table will be generated that can be used for plotting the history of QC parameters.
#
#       UPDATES:
#       September 10, 2015:  Edited the original script to read from default filenames from NetR9
#       (e.g. 5038K70419201504220000.T02) in T02 format.  The default name is
#       serial number followed by year month day hour minutes session . T02  - This file is processed using
#       Trimble's proprietary decoder runpkr00.  If you have a different filename, you will have to edit the following variables in the loop below:
#          yr, yyr, mon and day so the cut command will work appropriately.
#
#
 echo 'Enter 4 Ch-ID of station in Caps'
 read stat
#
 echo -e “Enter antenna height in meters:"
 read anth
#
# Let's start the renaming loop:
 for f in *[0-9][A-Z][0-9]*
 do
        runpkr00 -demv $f
        yr=`echo $f | cut -c 11-14`
        yyr=`echo $f | cut -c 13-14`
        mon=`echo $f| cut -c 15-16`
        day=`echo $f| cut -c 17-18`
#        doy=`julday $mon $day $yr | grep Julian | awk '{print $3}’`  	#if using julday (PASSCAL software)
	doy=`cal2day $day $mon $yr | cut -c6-8`				#if using cal2day (GiPSy)
        echo $stat $yr $doy done
        base=`basename $f .T02`
        mv $base.eph $stat$doy"0."$yyr"N"
        teqc +C2 +nav $stat$doy"0."$yyr"N" -O.ag “Your Agency" -O.o “Operator’s Name" -O.mo $stat -O.mn $stat -O.rt “Type of receiver" -O.pe $anth 0.0 0.0 -tr d $base.dat > $stat$doy"0."$yyr"O"
        mkdir $doy
        mv $stat$doy* $doy/
done
mkdir RAW
mv *T02 RAW/

#
#  Now, let's do the QC
 for d in [0-9][0-9][0-9]
         do
                 cd $d
                 for f in $stat*O
                  do
                  teqc +qc +plot $f
                 done
                 cd ..
         done
 grep SUM [0-9][0-9][0-9]/$stat*S > QCsum$stat.table
#

> On 2018-10-02, at 15:56 :33, Freymueller, Jeffrey <freymuel at msu.edu> wrote:
>
> Javier,
>

> The .t02 file is a proprietary format that only Trimble knows how to read. You need to use Trimble’s software to convert the .t02 file to a .dat or ‘runpkr00’, and perhaps other ways provided by Trimble.
>

> Jeff
>
> --------------
>
> Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller
>
> Thomas A. Vogel Endowed Chair for Geology of the Solid Earth
>
> Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences
>
> Michigan State University

> From: teqc <teqc-bounces at postal.unavco.org> on behalf of Javier Jovani Mendez Ramirez <javierjovani at hotmail.com>
> Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 3:25 PM
> To: "teqc at postal.unavco.org" <teqc at postal.unavco.org>
> Subject: [teqc] Query TEQC
>

> good afternoon
>

> Could you tell me what is the syntax to convert a .t02 file from trimble to rinex?
>

> Thank you

Alberto M. López Venegas, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Geology