[teqc] Unexpected behavior when using -tbin with multi-day Trimble 5700 or R7 data

Lou Estey lou at unavco.org
Tue Dec 18 11:14:56 MST 2018

dear Neville,

Digging around I found in my sample stash a multi-day Trimble .dat file from a receiver
which did not have clock steering.  Thus, the same millisecond receiver clock resets are
present as in your .dat file.

Using the 2018Dec12 version of teqc, I created daily RINEX obs using the '-tbin' option
and created a multi-day RINEX obs without '-tbin' using the normal `teqc -tr d *.dat > t.obs`.
I then compared the L1 and L2 values at the beginning and end of each daily RINEX file
to those values at the same epochs in the multi-day RINEX file.  All the L1 and L2 values
exactly match.  In other words, I don't see what you report.  (This wasn't repeated
for an earlier version of teqc because there's nothing I can think of in at least several
years that would change this result.)  In other words, there is no reset of the receiver
clock drift from file to file when using '-tbin'.  Thus one could splice together all
of the files created with '-tbin' and end up with epoch and observables exactly the
same as translating the .dat into a single RINEX file.

I'm wondering if, besides the '-tbin' option, exactly the same version of teqc and the
same options were used (or not used) when you and your colleague created the RINEX that
you were commenting on.  Could you check on this?

--lou