[teqc] Unexpected behavior when using -tbin with multi-day Trimble 5700 or R7 data

Neville Palmer N.Palmer at gns.cri.nz
Tue Dec 18 12:56:59 MST 2018

Hi Lou

After I noticed the differences I ran teqc with the simplest set of parameters I could with the same set of dat files. I used the current 2018Dec12 version of teqc and also the immediately previous version. The commands I used were along the lines of;
> teqc -tbin 1d A7R5 +obs + *.dat
Or
> teqc A7R5 70181010.dat > A7R51010.18o
(for each day)

In the past I have used two different methods for logging daily files in 5700 receivers and I think this is likely the difference you are seeing.

One method is to create a powerup file on the receiver which starts logging initially and then create a logging session which stops logging just before midnight UT then restarts a new session at midnight. This is likely the type of files you have used.

The second method that I am currently using only has a single powerup file on the receiver which starts the receiver logging and then logs continuously but splits the raw data into 24 hour files. So there is no loss of lock over the UT boundary.

I will send a link in a separate email to a sample of this second type of data if you are interested in trying this.

Neville Palmer  I  Geodetic Surveyor
GNS Science  I  Te Pū Ao