teqc builds very old?

Frederick Blume blume at unavco.org
Tue Sep 17 14:54:03 UTC 2019

All,

Firstly, there will be no further updates too teqc.  It is frozen in time as currently posted, with the final version dated 2019Feb25.

However the fact that the executables are tagged with older versions of a given OS does not indicate lack of compatibility with current versions.  In the case of the Mac OS X version, I am happily running the final teqc compilation on OS X 10.14.6 in spite of the fact that it was compiled on a Mac running an earlier version of the OS.  We had been doing this to ensure backwards compatibility with older OS versions.

In the case of Yolande’s linux version, the fact that teqc was compiled on linux 2.x does not mean it won’t run on 5.x - download it and give it a try.  As the note *1 on the downloads page indicates:

"*1 crashes of one or the other build have occurred on various Linux releases; if you have tried the statically-linked build and it crashes, try the dynamically-linked build, or vice versa "

Best,
Freddy B.

Dr. Frederick Blume
Sr. Project Manager