[unav-data] Interruption to PBO data flow January 4-5

unav-data at ls.unavco.org unav-data at ls.unavco.org
Tue Jan 3 15:57:26 MST 2006

Dear colleagues and friends,

Over the next two days, we will be migrating PBO data flow systems to
a new server.  This will enable us to stay ahead of the growth curve
in PBO data volume, and prepare us for some future data flow
upgrades.  This is the migration that had been planned for mid-
December, but was delayed due to the unrest at Augustine Volcano.

The server migration will require a complete interruption of PBO data
flow for 48 hours.  This means there will be no new GPS or
strainmeter data from PBO for the 48-hour period from 9 AM MST
Wednesday, 4 January until 9 AM MST Friday, 6 January.  It also means
that any map tools that display station status will show all PBO
stations down for that time period.  However, the stations *will* be
operating -- it is the download system that will not be.

The stations have (much) more than sufficient buffer to cover this
planned outage.  If something critical occurs, we can initiate manual
procedures to retrieve data as needed.

Please let me know if there are any objections to this outage.

Thanks,

Greg

--
Greg Anderson, Ph.D., PBO Data Products Manager
UNAVCO, Inc. / 6350 Nautilus Drive / Boulder, CO 80301