[unav-data] ALERT: Systems upgrades affecting data availability at UNAVCO on February 1-3

unav-data at ls.unavco.org unav-data at ls.unavco.org
Tue Jan 22 16:30:49 MST 2008

ALERT: Systems upgrades affecting data availability at UNAVCO on
February 1-3, 2008.

Maintenance and upgrades of electrical systems at UNAVCO
will be taking place Friday February 1 - Sunday February 3.
The work will require shutdown of all servers including
webservers, data management and archiving servers. When the
work is complete, UNAVCO will have modern UPS support and
power distribution systems for all data management, archive,
networking and business systems servers.

The ftp server data-out.unavco.org *WILL* be available
during the maintenance via our offsite system; however,
new data *WILL NOT* be added. (Note: the IP address for
the ftp server will change during the outage, so access
as data-out.unavco.org only.)

The work is scheduled to begin on Friday February 1 at
1700 MST (0000 UTC Saturday February 2) and will be
completed and archiving caught up no later than 1500 MST
(2200 UTC) Sunday February 3 (it is possible that the
work will be completed late on Saturday February 2).

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this necessary
work. If you have comments or questions please send them to
archive AT unavco.org.

Fran Boler

--
Fran Boler, Ph.D.