[unav-data] ANNOUNCE: Change in data location for hourly and high rate data on UNAVCO ftp server

unav-data at ls.unavco.org unav-data at ls.unavco.org
Fri Jan 22 15:40:05 MST 2010

ANNOUNCE: Change in data location for hourly and high rate data on the UNAVCO ftp server
by Fran Boler

If you pick up hourly and/or high rate GPS data from the UNAVCO ftp server please read further.

With the increasing number of hourly and high rate files available from our ftp server we have had customers encountering limits when attempting to list directories containing these files. To address this problem we will be inserting a subdirectory level for 4-char id on data-out.unavco.org as follows:

Hourly rinex data:
Old location: /pub/hourly/rinex/<year>/<doy>/
New location: /pub/hourly/rinex/<year>/<doy>/<4chID>

Hourly raw data:
Old location: /pub/hourly/raw/<year>/<doy>/
New location: /pub/hourly/raw/<year>/<doy>/<4chID>

High rate (1Hz or greater sample rate) rinex data:
Old location: /pub/highrate/rinex/<year>/<doy>/
New location: /pub/highrate/rinex/<year>/<doy>/<4chID>

High rate (1Hz or greater sample rate) raw data:
Old location: /pub/highrate/raw/<year>/<doy>/
New location: /pub/highrate/raw/<year>/<doy>/<4chID>

*Notes*
This change will take effect on 1 Feb 2010 at 00:00:00 GPS.

Older hourly data will remain in the old location until it expires after two weeks.
Older highrate data will remain in the old location until further notice.
All other data locations remain unchanged.

If you have any questions, contact us at archive at unavco.org.

--
Fran Boler, Ph.D.
boler at unavco.org