[unav-data] Outage for PBO Data…duration not known

unav-data at ls.unavco.org unav-data at ls.unavco.org
Thu Aug 30 19:19:48 MDT 2012

Subject: Temporary Outage for PBO Data

This is to notify you that UNAVCO's PBO data flow server went offline last night (Wednesday, 29 August 2012) due to a malicious attack. We are working to restore normal operations as quickly as possible but we do not currently have a time estimate for the duration of this outage. The effect of this outage on PBO data access is as follows:

1. GPS data from PBO stations (and approximately 20 non-PBO stations that utilize PBO data flow) since the outage began are not available from the UNAVCO archive and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored. Users accessing GPS data directly via real-time streams are not affected.

2. BSM data since the outage began are not available from UNAVCO, the DMC or NCEDC and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored.

3. LSM data since the outage began are not available from UNAVCO, the DMC or NCEDC and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored.

4. Tilt data since the outage began are not available from the UNAVCO archive and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored.

5. Pore pressure mseed data are available from the DMC and NCEDC but new bottle and ASCII files will not be created until the system is restored.

6. Seismic data are not affected.

Please note that actual data collection is not affected in most cases. We expect that most or all data since the outage began will become available after the system is restored. Also note that we have some (limited) capacity for manually downloading high priority GPS data, as we are doing currently for high rate data from sites near the Brawley seismic area.

We will provide updates as the situation evolves. If you have questions or concerns please let us know. We apologize for this unexpected outage and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve it.

--
 David A. Phillips, Ph.D.
    Data Products Manager
    phillips at unavco.org