[unav-data] Status update: PBO data outage, 31 Aug 2012

unav-data at ls.unavco.org unav-data at ls.unavco.org
Fri Aug 31 20:43:40 MDT 2012

Subject: Status update, temporary outage for PBO data

This is an update regarding the PBO dataflow outage that began Wednesday, 29 August 2012 due to a malicious attack. This is the update for the evening of Friday, 31 August 2012 (MDT). We are happy to report that dataflow has been restored as described below. Work continues at UNAVCO to restore all normal operations as quickly as possible. We will send daily updates until all services are fully restored.

1. GPS dataflow has been restored. Data from all affected sites are now being retrieved and archived. There is a backlog that we expect to be cleared on Saturday, 1 September 2012.

2. BSM data since the outage began have been manually downloaded for all BSM’s online. (Approximately 12 BSM’s are currently offline due to unknown issues, most likely not related to the server attack; work is ongoing to bring these back online asap). Daily manual downloads of BSM’s will continue until normal dataflow is restored.

3. LSM dataflow remains affected. LSM data since the outage began are not available from UNAVCO, the DMC or NCEDC and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored.

4. Tilt dataflow remains affected. Tilt data since the outage began are not available from the UNAVCO archive and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored.

5. Pore pressure mseed data are available from the DMC and NCEDC but new bottle and ASCII files will not be created until the system is restored.

6. Seismic data remain unaffected.

Manual downloads continue for high rate GPS data from sites near the Brawley seismic area.

We will provide updates as the situation evolves. If you have questions or concerns please let us know. We apologize for this unexpected outage and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve it.

--
 David A. Phillips, Ph.D.
    Data Products Manager
    phillips at unavco.org