[unav-data] Status update: PBO data outage, 1 Sep 2012

unav-data at ls.unavco.org unav-data at ls.unavco.org
Sat Sep 1 20:33:16 MDT 2012

Subject: Status update, temporary outage for PBO data

This is an update regarding the PBO dataflow outage that began Wednesday, 29 August 2012 due to a malicious attack. This is the update for the evening of Saturday, 1 September 2012 (MDT). Work continues at UNAVCO to restore all normal operations as quickly as possible. We will send daily updates until all services are fully restored.

1. GPS dataflow has been restored. Data are now being retrieved and archived.

2. BSM data are being manually downloaded for all BSM’s online. Web plots of current raw and processed data are now available. Daily manual downloads will continue until normal dataflow is restored.

3. LSM dataflow remains affected. LSM data since the outage began are not available from UNAVCO, the DMC or NCEDC and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored.

4. Tilt dataflow has been restored.

5. Pore pressure mseed data are available from the DMC and NCEDC but new bottle and ASCII files will not be created until the system is restored.

6. Seismic data remain unaffected.

We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves. If you have questions or concerns please let us know. We apologize for this unexpected outage and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve it.

--
 David A. Phillips, Ph.D.
    Data Products Manager
    phillips at unavco.org