[unav-data] Status update: PBO data outage, 5 Sep 2012

unav-data at ls.unavco.org unav-data at ls.unavco.org
Wed Sep 5 22:21:22 MDT 2012

Subject: Temporary Outage for PBO Data

This is an update regarding the PBO dataflow outage that began Wednesday, 29 August 2012 due to a malicious attack. This is the update for the evening of Wednesday, 5 September 2012 (MDT). Work continues at UNAVCO to restore all normal operations as quickly as possible. We will send daily updates until all services are fully restored.

1. GPS dataflow has been restored.

2. BSM data are being manually downloaded for all BSM’s online. Daily manual downloads will continue until normal dataflow is restored. Low frequency (10 minute interval) raw BSM data are available from the UNAVCO web site as normal. Level 2 ASCII processed data are available from the UNAVCO web site as normal. A new system for BSM dataflow is being built in Boulder - considerable progress was made on this today.

3. LSM dataflow remains affected. LSM data since the outage began are not available from UNAVCO, the DMC or NCEDC and there will be no further archiving until the system is restored.

4. Tilt dataflow has been restored.

5. Pore pressure dataflow has been restored.

6. Seismic data remain unaffected.

We will continue to provide updates as the situation evolves. If you have questions or concerns please let us know. We apologize for this unexpected outage and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve it.

--
 David A. Phillips, Ph.D.
    Data Products Manager
    phillips at unavco.org