[unav_all] (no subject)

Marc Spiegelman mspieg at ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed Sep 29 06:39:32 MDT 2004

Dear Unavco members,

At the request of the National Science Foundation, a Computational
GeoInformatics task group is investigating the high performance
computational (HPC) needs of the Solid Earth Science community for the
next 5-10 years. We are developing a plan to enhance the access to HPC
to enable us, as a community, to make significant progress in our
science.

To aid in this endeavor, it would help to understand how our community
is currently using scientific computation.  In particular we would like
to know what you feel are both  the opportunities and barriers for
making maximum use of current and future resources.

If you could please take a moment to fill out a short, informal survey,
it would be greatly appreciated. The survey form is on the web at:

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~mspieg/CGIW2004/

Please feel free to distribute this message to your member institutions
and anyone who might be interested.

Your help is greatly appreciated
thank you

Marc Spiegelman and Ron Cohen
Software working group co-chair and chair
NSF sponsored Computational GeoInformatics Working Group

If you have any questions, please  contact mspieg at ldeo.columbia.edu