[unav_all] letter to NSF

Jeff Freymueller jeff at giseis.alaska.edu
Wed Aug 10 18:06:11 MDT 2005

UNAVCO Community,

It took longer than expected, but I have finally finished my letter
about the Aleutian decision, and would like to solicit co-signers for
it. Be sure you read the exchange of letters that describe NSF's
decision and the response of the PBO Standing Committee and the
EarthScope Facilities Executive Committee. Read them at the EarthScope
Documents archive
(http://www.earthscope.org/links_pubs/documents.shtml), and if you
agree with my letter please agree to be a co-signer. My hope is that a
substantial number of people will agree to be co-signers to show where
the broader community stands. Criticism and debate are also welcome if
you disagree with my letter.

I intend to send this letter to NSF this Friday (hence the date in the
letter), but I will maintain a list of co-signers so if you can't reply
before Friday you can still get on the list and I will produce an
updated list as appropriate.

The letter can be accessed at
http://www.gps.alaska.edu/jeff/Aleutian.Protest.final.pdf

Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller         Office: 907-474-7286
Geophysical Institute              Fax:    907-474-7290
University of Alaska, Fairbanks    Home:   907-479-3550
PO Box 757320                      Cell:   907-322-7632
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7320           email: jeff at giseis.alaska.edu

Download Alaska GPS data: ftp://gps.alaska.edu/pub/gpsdata/