[unav_all] AGU Special Sessions

William Prescott prescott at unavco.org
Thu Aug 25 18:14:13 MDT 2005

Every year at this time, UNAVCO gets a number of requests from
individuals to send announcements about particular AGU Fall Meeting
Special Sessions. Rather than send separate announcements for
individual Special Sessions, I would like to take this opportunity to
call your attention to a number of sessions that may be of interest
to the UNAVCO Community.

For general information about the Fall 2005 AGU Meeting, Please visit
the AGU web site at http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/

The electronic abstract deadline for the Fall Meeting is the
September 8th, 2005.

The following list includes many sessions that may be of interest to
UNAVCO Community members. Please forgive me if your favorite Special
Session is not on this list. The complete list is available on the
AGU web site.

Thank you,
Will Prescott

G01:
Geodesy General Contributions
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=4

G02:
Gravity and Its Fluctuation Associated With Earthquakes, Hydrosphere,
Tides, Nonequilibrium Isostasy, and Glacier Change
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=31

G03:
Geocenter and Earth Rotation
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=48

G04:
Geodetic Laser Scanning: Space, Airborne, and Ground
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=82

G05:
GRACE Mass Flux Estimates and Multimission/Technique Applications
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=112

G06:
Reconciling the Discrepancy Between Geodetic and Geologic Strain
Rates on Faults
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=211

G07:
Aseismic Deformation Transients and Their Relationship to Earthquakes
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=231

G08:
High-Rate GPS: Contributions to Natural Hazards Mitigation
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=262

G09:
Lessons Learned From a Decade of Synthetic Aperture Radar Interferometry
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=276

G10:
Innovative Gravity Solutions and Representations from GRACE and GOCE
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=297

G11:
Challenges in the Determination and Maintenance of an Accurate and
Reliable Terrestrial Reference Frame
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=406

G12:
Recent Findings in Volcano Geodesy: Observations, Interpretations,
and Methodology
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=412

G13:
Subsidence of Coastal Areas: Connection With Inundation and Sea Level Rise
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=414

G14:
Characterizing, Monitoring, and Predicting Natural Hazards
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=266

G15:
Oceanographic Applications of Geodetic Techniques and Observations:
Satellite Altimetry, GPS, Gravity, and Tide Gauges
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=418

G16:
Planetary Geodesy
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=470

S03:
The 150th Anniversary Commemoration of the Great 1855 Ansei-Edo
Earthquake, and Consequences of Future Large Shocks in Tokyo
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=143

S09:
Earthquake Hazards Forecasting: Reality, Potential, and Applications
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=350

S11:
New Insights Into Earthquake Hazards in Cascadia
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=426

T09:
Earthquake Geology and Hazards in South and East Asia
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=114

T06:
Computer Tools of Global Plate Motion Reconstructions
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=81

V18:
The 2004-2005 Eruption of Mount St. Helens
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=195

V21:
Quantifying Volcanic Hazard and Risk
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=260

V28:
Magmatic Systems: An Antarctic Perspective
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=355

ED01:
Education and Human Resources General Contributions
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=19

ED02:
Integrating Education and Outreach With Large-Scale Experiments
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=39

ED03:
Recruitment and Retention of Students, Faculty, and Staff:
Departmental Strategies That Work
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=118

ED04:
Building Strong Geoscience Departments: Challenges, Opportunities,
and Successes
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=119

ED05:
Bright Students Training as Research Scientists: Bright Stars 2005
(By Invitation Only)
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=154

ED06:
Global Geoscience Education and Outreach I: The World's Best
Practices in Earth and Space Science Education
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=165

ED07:
Global Geoscience Education and Outreach II: Building Capacity for a
Mobile, Global Scientific Workforce
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=166

ED08:
Global Geoscience Education and Outreach III: International
Geophysical Year 2 and the International Years
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=167

ED09:
Engaging With Minority-Serving Institutions: Should I or Shouldn't I?
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=171

ED10:
Lecture Demonstrations in Earth Science Curriculum
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=226

ED11:
Teacher Professional Development Programs Promoting Authentic
Scientific Research in the Classroom
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=255

ED12:
Increasing the Engineering Workforce Pipeline Through Hands-on
Student Instrument Programs
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=259

ED13:
Hands-on, Inquiry-Based Classroom and Laboratory Exercises: Bringing
Geoscience Research to K-12 and Undergraduate Students
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=291

ED14:
What Have We Learned About Integrating Science and Pedagogy for
Effective Education and Public Outreach?
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=305

ED15:
Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) at 25: Its Impact on
Undergraduate Education in the Sciences
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=315

ED16:
Reaching New Learners: Tools for Educating and Inspiring
Nontraditional Learners
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=339

ED17:
Deciphering Data: Communicating Research Activities and Findings to
Diverse Audiences
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=416

ED18:
Navigating Institutional Change in the Aftermath of the Summers Storm
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=420

ED19:
Undergraduate Research in the Earth and Environmental Sciences:
Shaping the Cutting Edge of our Discipline
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=423

ED20:
Use of the Internet in Geoscience Outreach
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=428

ED21:
Teaching About the Ocean System Using New Research Techniques: Data,
Models, and Visualization
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=461

ED22:
Earth and Planetary Sciences Education and Public Outreach in
Developing Countries: Local and International Initiatives
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=462

ED23:
The Benefits and Challenges of Integrating Scientific Research and Education
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm05/?pageRequest=search&show=detail&sessid=475