[unav_all] Student Travel Grants available for upcoming IAG meeting

Jeff Freymueller jfreymue at gi.alaska.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:19:30 MST 2005

STUDENT AND YOUNG SCIENTIST TRAVEL GRANTS AVAILABLE

Travel grants are available for students and young scientists to attend
the upcoming International Association of Geodesy (IAG) assembly in
Cairns, Australia, August 22-25. The grants are available for US
citizens (maybe permanent residents, check the AGU website), who are
students or recently finished their Ph.D. degree. The travel grant
program is administered financially by the AGU on behalf of the US
National Committee for the IUGG. The abstract deadline for the meeting
is in late April, and the travel grant application deadline is at the
same time. Application for the grants is made to the AGU; see the link
below for full details.

If you qualify, or work with students or young scientists who qualify,
please encourage them to check out the websites below for more
information. I personally received one of these grants to attend the
1991 IUGG (back when I qualified as "young"), and it was a great
experience.

The Meeting website:
http://www.dynamicplanet2005.com/

The AGU Travel Grant website:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/meetings.html#Travel%20Grant%20Opportunities

Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller         Office: 907-474-7286
Geophysical Institute              Fax:    907-474-7290
University of Alaska, Fairbanks    Home:   907-479-3550
PO Box 757320                      Cell:   907-322-7632
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7320           email: jeff at giseis.alaska.edu

Download Alaska GPS data: ftp://gps.alaska.edu/pub/gpsdata/