[unav_all] EarthScope Plate Boundary Observatory Processed Data Products Available

Greg Anderson anderson at unavco.org
Thu Oct 6 17:49:12 MDT 2005

Dear colleague,

UNAVCO is pleased to announce a watershed moment for the NSF-funded
EarthScope project and the larger geodetic community: processed
geodetic data products are now available from the Plate Boundary
Observatory.  With this event, the community now has, for the first
time, free and open access to a full suite of geodetic data products
spanning the frequency spectrum from periods of seconds to years, and
produced using fully documented, community vetted methods.

Processed GPS products are produced by Analysis Centers at Central
Washington University and the University of California, Berkeley and
the Analysis Center Coordinator at the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology.  The products include GPS solutions in standard SINEX
format, as well as station position time series and network velocity
fields.  All these products, and the raw data from which they are
derived, are stored at
the UNAVCO Facility GPS archive.  The raw data and data products are
documented and available from the PBO GPS Products web page at
http://pboweb.unavco.org/pageid=88.

Processed borehole strainmeter data products are produced by UNAVCO's
Borehole Strainmeter Analysis Center in Socorro, New Mexico, while
laser strainmeter products are produced at the University of
California, San Diego.  These products include cleaned and scaled
strain time series, correction series, and ancillary information.  All
these products, and the raw data from which they are derived, are
stored at the PBO strainmeter archives at the Northern California
Earthquake Data Center and the IRIS Data Management Center.
The raw data and data products are documented and available from the
PBO Strainmeter Products web page at
http://pboweb.unavco.org/pageid=89.

UNAVCO, PBO, and EarthScope request that users of these products
acknowledge EarthScope and the NSF as the source of the products.  A
suggested acknowledgment would be similar to: "We acknowledge
EarthScope and its sponsor, the National Science Foundation, for
providing data products used in this study."

If I attempted to thank everyone across the community who has helped us
make this possible, I would surely overlook someone.  Instead, I would
simply like to thank all those who have helped PBO and UNAVCO achieve
this milestone.

The store is open; come in and shop!

Greg Anderson

The Plate Boundary Observatory is the geodetic component of
EarthScope, operated by UNAVCO and funded by the National Science
Foundation.  EarthScope is funded by the National Science Foundation
and conducted in partnership with the US Geological Survey and NASA.

--
Greg Anderson, Ph.D., PBO Data Products Manager
UNAVCO, Inc. / 6350 Nautilus Drive / Boulder, CO 80301