[unav_all] Faculty positions at UCLA

David D. Jackson djackson at ucla.edu
Tue Oct 18 18:45:29 MDT 2005

Faculty Positions
Earth and Space Sciences
University of California, Los Angeles

UCLA solicits applications for two or more tenure-track faculty
positions as described below:

1: Any field within the Earth and Space Sciences. Please see
<http://www.ess.ucla.edu/>http://www.ess.ucla.edu/, for descriptions
of our current research and educational programs. Appointments will
be considered at all levels.  The successful candidate will have
completed significant studies at or beyond the Ph.D. level and will
have persuasively demonstrated leadership potential in her or his
field of specialization. Please direct all correspondence to

ESS Search 05-1 Chair
Department of Earth and Space Sciences
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567
P.O. Box 951567
e-mail:search051 at ess.ucla.edu

2. Earth System Science. We seek candidates in this rapidly growing
field dealing with feedback interactions among physical, chemical,
and biological processes operating in the solid Earth and its
surrounding hydrosphere and atmosphere. Successful candidates may
take theoretical, observational, or preferably both approaches to
explore fundamental processes that shape Earth's surface and link the
solid Earth to atmospheric circulation, environmental changes and
biological evolution. Please direct all correspondence to

ESS Search 05-2 Chair
e-mail:search052 at ess.ucla.edu

Apply separately if you wish to be considered for both
positions.  Applications received by December 15, 2005 will be given
full consideration.  Applications must include a cover letter
addressing how the applicant might fit in with our department,
curriculum vitae, complete list of publications, names and addresses
of three referees, and electronic copies of up to five significant
publications.

The University of California is an equal-opportunity employer