[unav_all] Proposals Due for IAG Sessions at IUGG 2007 in Perugia, Italy

Jeff Freymueller jfreymue at gi.alaska.edu
Fri Sep 2 13:10:11 MDT 2005

In my capacity as the US National Correspondent to the IAG, I want to
let everyone know that the deadline for proposing IAG symposia or
inter-union symposia for the next IUGG meeting (2007 in Perugia, Italy)
is fast approaching. I was not aware of it myself until last week! And
yes, I agree that this is a very long lead time for organizing sessions
for a meeting.

The procedure is that session proposals are due from the IAG Commission
Presidents to the IAG Secretary-General on September 10. The
Secretary-General has the responsibility of sorting through these and
coming up with the final list of sessions, which will be then taken to
the IUGG Program Committee. So if you want to organize a session for
the IUGG meeting, you should send a proposal to the appropriate
Commission President for consideration. I have listed the Commissions
and Presidents below. Nominally, "Tectonics and Crustal Deformation"
falls under Commission 3, although many of us will find that our
research overlaps Commissions 1 and 4 as well (and some in Commission
2).  I have included the emails of the Presidents and Vice-Presidents
if I have them handy -- I'm sure you can find the others if you need
to.

So if you have ideas for sessions, please send them to the appropriate
Commission President as soon as possible so they can be considered.

There is also a lot more information about IAG on the IAG web site
(http://www.iag-aig.org). That has more complete descriptions of the
subjects covered by the Commissions, information on upcoming meetings
and lots of other stuff. Check it out.

Secretary-General:  Christian C. Tscherning (Denmark)

Commission 1 - Reference Frames
President: Hermann Drewes (Germany) Vice President: C.K. Shum (USA)
drewes at dgfi.badw.de
ckshum at OSU.EDU

Commission 2 - Gravity Field
President: Christopher Jekeli (USA) Vice President: Ilias Tziavos
(Greece)

Commission 3 - Geodynamics and Earth Rotation
President: Véronique Dehant (Belgium) Vice President: Mike Bevis
Veronique.Dehant at oma.be
mbevis at osu.edu

Commission 4 - Positioning & Applications
President: Chris Rizos (Australia) Vice President: Pascal Willis
(France)
Pascal.R.Willis at jpl.nasa.gov

Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller         Office: 907-474-7286
Geophysical Institute              Fax:    907-474-7290
University of Alaska, Fairbanks    Home:   907-479-3550
PO Box 757320                      Cell:   907-322-7632
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7320           email: jeff at giseis.alaska.edu

Download Alaska GPS data: ftp://gps.alaska.edu/pub/gpsdata/