[unav_all] Geoinformatics 2006 Conference and new GSA Publication on Geoinformatics

Krishna Sinha pitlab at vt.edu
Mon Feb 20 11:03:42 MST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

	I would like to draw the your attention to an upcoming conference
being held at  USGS in Reston from May 10-12 of this year.
Geoinformatics 2006 is a new national conference that emphasizes the
use and application of cyberinfrastructure for managing and
integrating geoscience databases including maps. The attachment more
fully explains the content of the meeting,
	I would also like to share with you that a new book on
Geoinformatics has been just released by the Geological Society of
America, and provides the geologic community information regarding
ongoing research activities that support management of geoscience
data. The url for the GSA site is also contained in the attachment.
	I am very hopeful that you  will be able to attend the conference,
and share the results of your ongoing research with the broader
community. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can help with
any questions you may have.
Thanks very much,

Regards,
Krishna