[unav_all] GGOS now official member of IGOS-P

Ruth Neilan ruth.neilan at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 24 08:37:29 MDT 2006

Author: Ruth Neilan, on behalf of the GGOS Steering Committee

Dear colleagues:

This is excellent news!   The Global Geodetic Observing System
(GGOS), the key effort of the International Association of Geodesy
(IAG) is fully accepted as a member of the Integrated Global
Observing Strategy (IGOS).

And invited to prepare a theme, 'Earth System Dynamics'.

Best regards to to all for this collective effort, and certainly much
work ahead as the theme will be developed.

Thanks to Markus Rothacher and Hans-Peter Plag for an excellent
outcome this week, preceded by significant effort over the past
years, and with many thanks as well to the first GGOS Chair, Prof.
Chris Reigber.

For links to these activities:

	http://www.ggos.org/

	http://www.igospartners.org/index.htm