[unav_all] UNAVCO Education & Outreach Standing Committee

Michael Hamburger hamburg at indiana.edu
Tue Oct 31 08:11:24 MST 2006

Colleagues:

I am writing, as chair of UNAVCO's Education & Outreach Standing
Committee, to seek your help in finding volunteers willing to serve on
the E&O standing committee.  The committee serves at the discretion of
the UNAVCO Board, in order to provide guidance to the UNAVCO President,
E&O manager, and UNAVCO Board on issues related to science education and
outreach.  The current committee will be completing its first two-year
rotation and half of the ten-member committee, including the current
chair, will be rotating off at the end of this year.  The committee has
helped oversee UNAVCO's successful initiation of a formal E&O program,
and its successor will help develop and implement a strategic plan for
the next several years.  In keeping with our commitment to
representation of our diverse constituencies as part of the UNAVCO
management structure, we are seeking participants to represent the
various audiences that our program supports:  the UNAVCO scientific
community, graduate students, K-12 teachers, science educators from
allied fields, and faculty from community college or teaching-oriented
institutions.  If you know of anyone (including yourself!) from one of
these groups who might be willing to serve, please pass on the
information to Michael Hamburger (hamburg at indiana.edu) or Susan Eriksson
(eriksson at unavco.org).

Thanks for your interest and support!

Michael Hamburger