[unav_all] UNAVCO Science Meeting March 10-13, 2008: Call for session suggestions

Evelyn Roeloffs evelynr at usgs.gov
Fri Aug 17 15:39:22 MDT 2007

Dear Colleagues:

Please mark your calendars for the UNAVCO Science Meeting, to be held
March 10-13, 2008, in Boulder, Colorado.  We are writing to solicit
your ideas for specific plenary session topics and speakers.

During the 2.5 days of the meeting, we will have 4 plenary sessions,
each with 3 or 4 invited speakers.  We will also have rooms available
for 12 meetings of Special Interest Groups (SIGS) to address
important topics of interest to smaller subsets of the participants.
And of course, there will be two poster sessions, each viewable for
about half of the meeting.

The plenary sessions will be on the general topics of Geodesy, InSAR,
Hazards, and Polar Research.  We are especially eager to have a
speaker in every plenary session whose primary focus has been on
Education and Outreach, and we especially welcome suggestions for
early- to mid-career speakers.  As the organizing committee, we will
use your suggestions to help us plan a balanced and exciting program.

Please also advise us if you are interested in convening a SIG.  In
addition to the SIG's, another possible format for gathering a small
group is during lunch - we will have a separate room available on at
least two of the meeting days, that can accommodate 4 tables of 10
people each.   For each SIG, we will need the name of the convenor
(or convenors),a few sentences describing its topic, and, if
possible, a rough estimate of the number of attendees.   Depending on
the response, we may need to limit  the addition of SIG's closer to
the time of the meeting to those on late-breaking topics.

We would like to gather your suggestions no later than Sept 14, 2007,
so that we can move forward with planning the meeting.  Please email
them to Jaime Magliocca (magliocca at unavco.org) and she will forward
them to the organizing committee.

We will look forward to seeing you at the UNAVCO Science Meeting!

Organizing Committee:
Evelyn Roeloffs
Mark Tamisiea
Chuck Meertens