[unav_all] Fall AGU special session on Lithospheric Collision (T26)

Chen, Wang-Ping wpchen at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 28 00:12:01 MDT 2007

2nd/Final posting

Dear Colleagues:

We would like to encourage you to contribute abstracts for a special
session entitled "T26 Continental Collision: The Lithospheric Scale"
of the 2007 Fall AGU Meeting in San Francisco.

***One special feature of this Session is its emphasis on mantle
processes during collision. To this end, we have already lined up
several intriguing presentations, including latest results of seismic
tomography under Tibet, a new pathway of the Earth's deep water cycle
based on discordant anomalies of P- and S-wave speeds, in situ
evidence for past slab detachment, etc.***

The deadline for electronic submission of abstracts is September 6th.