[unav_all] Fw: [Geo-Ed] Workshops - Cutting Edge Program and more

Susan Eriksson eriksson at unavco.org
Sat Jan 20 15:18:34 MST 2007

Dear UNAVCO Community,
   Below is an email distributed from the National Association of Geoscience
Teachers who sponsor faculty-level courses on teaching.  There is an
excellent workshop in August on teaching geophysics with an upcoming
deadline for application.  It is an opportunity for faculty who teach at 2-
and 4-year colleges/universities to work with others of 'like mind 'to
develop new materials for their classroom.  I encourage you to go and TAKE
YOUR GEODETIC DATA!

 Teaching Geophysics in the 21st Century - application deadline: February 1
 http://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/geophysics07/index.html

UNAVCO, with the help of several members of our community, is working on
materials to use GPS data in the classroom, and we would support your
participation with whatever help we can provide.  We are also working on an
educator-friendly interface to use GPS data from the UNAVCO archive - PBO
and other.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way to prepare for this workshop.
It is FREE!  and NAGT puts on an excellent program.

Sincerely,
Susan Eriksson