[unav_all] special session Spring AGU 2007

Enrique Cabral ecabral at igeofcu.unam.mx
Wed Jan 31 15:27:38 MST 2007

  Dear Colleagues

  We would like to draw your attention to the special session G02 at
the upcoming Spring AGU 2007 meeting in Acapulco, titled "Steady and
transient strain along the Middle America subduction zone". We invite
those of you with new and related results to submit one or more
abstracts.
This session will be a fine opportunity to present current field and
modeling results from the areas of geodesy, seismology and
geodynamics that bear on the understanding of the Middle America
subduction zone or other areas with similar steady and transient
strain variability that can be regarded as analogs to the Middle
America subduction zone.

  The official description of the session follows:

"The Middle America subduction zone has long been a superb target for
studies of shallow subduction. Fast subduction rates, coupled with
relatively small trench-to-coast distances, and shallow subduction
angles along much of the coast, makes this area a unique location for
land-based GPS and seismic observations to study both the locked,
seismogenic area of a subduction interface and region of deeper
transitional slip, where episodic tremor and slip may originate."

    We look forward to seeing you in Acapulco.

Conveners:

Enrique Cabral-Cano		ecabral at geofisica.unam.mx
Instituto de Geofisica, UNAM
Mexico