[unav_all] AGU Session G11: Integrated Geodetic and Seismic Networks: Science and Data

Kathleen Hodgkinson hodgkinson at unavco.org
Tue Jul 31 15:38:21 MDT 2007

Dear Colleagues

We would like to invite you to contribute to session G11 titled
“Integrated Geodetic and Seismic Networks: Science and Data”
at the next meeting of the American Geophysical Union, San Francisco,
10-14 December 2007.

the EarthScope Plate Boundary Observatory and USArray in North America
and HiNet in Japan, are yielding data sets that capture a wide range of
plate boundary deformation processes across period ranges from years to
milliseconds. Data from these networks enhance our ability to detect
and model possible volcanic and earthquake precursors, improve the
temporal and spatial resolution of slow slip events, seismic hazard
maps, and study scaling between large and small earthquakes. Over
several years, these networks produce terabytes of data that must pass
through data quality control, be archived, and be made accessible to
the community. We invite contributions on integrated research using
such data, as well as associated installation and operation, data QC,
and archiving activities.
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm07/?content=search&show=detail&sessid=482

Conveners:

David A. Schmidt
University of Oregon
Department of Geological Sciences
   1272
Eugene, OR, USA  97403
541-346-4573
das at uoregon.edu

Norio Matsumoto
Geological Survey of Japan
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
   AIST Tsukuba Central 7
   1-1-1 Higashi
Tsukuba, Ibaraki, JPN  305-8567
81-29-861-2380, 3656
n.matsumoto at aist.go.jp

Rick Aster
New Mexico Tech
Dept of Earth & Environmental Science
   801 Leroy Place
Socorro, NM, USA  87801
505-835-5924
aster at ees.nmt.edu

Kathleen Hodgkinson
UNAVCO
6350 Nautilus Drive
Boulder, CO, USA  80301
505 835 6202
hodgkinson at unavco.org

Ali O. Oncel
King-Fahd University Petroleum & Minerals
PO Box 1946
Dharhan, SAU  1946
966-3-860-1661
oncel at kfupm.edu.sa