[unav_all] GEO/EAR Vacancy, Full-Time, Permanent - EarthScope Program Director-Sent on behalf of Kaye Shedlock

Angie Krantz krantz at unavco.org
Tue Jul 22 16:38:15 MDT 2008

GEO/EAR Vacancy, Full-Time, Permanent - EarthScope Program Director

NSF and I would like to call your attention to GEO/EAR Vacancy number
E20080122, a Full-Time, Permanent position as EarthScope Program Director.
EarthScope is successfully completing the construction phase of the
state-of-the-art facilities that will support solid Earth sciences decades
into the future. The science program is growing rapidly and the facilities
operation and maintenance plans are in place. The new permanent EarthScope
Director will have one of the most exciting jobs in solid Earth science -
supporting cutting edge advances in science, innovative education, and
unprecedented outreach efforts as they come to fruition. Plus (s)he will be
working with other exceptionally talented and  dedicated Program Officers.
It is a great opportunity, an exciting position, and just plain fun a great
deal of the time.

The position is open until August 22, 2008. The direct link to the job
announcement is:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/getjob.asp?JobId=74076440
<http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/getjob.asp?JobId=74076440&AVSDM=>
&AVSDM=2008%2D07%2D22+00%3A03%3A01

This position is to replace me (I am retiring). If you have any questions
that I may help answer, please contact me. I have been very fortunate to be
part of EarthScope. It has been one of the most rewarding challenges in our
community. EarthScope has already enabled real advances in the way we do
science and there are many, many more surprises and great results to come. A
tenet of Earth sciences is that the past is the key to the future. Taking
EarthScope into the future and keeping it healthy, growing, and evolving
with our community will be challenging, rewarding, and sometimes just plain
fun. Be part of it!

Sincerely,
Kaye Shedlock
EarthScope Program Director