[unav_all] Pardee keynote symposia and contributed session on "Large-scale Continental Deformation at Plate Boundaries", GSA 2008

Niemi, Nathan naniemi at umich.edu
Mon May 26 10:55:10 MDT 2008

We would like to draw you attention to a Pardee keynote symposia,
"Large-scale Continental Deformation at Plate Boundaries", at the 2008
GSA meeting in Houston on the afternoon of Oct. 7th, and encourage your
attendance. This session is dedicated to understanding large-scale
motions and processes of continental deformation along the North
American plate boundary, and will address new results from PBO (Plate
Boundary Observatory), USArray, and SAFOD, as well as geologic data and
methods that integrate this data.

Significant interest has been expressed by the scientific community in
the topic of large-scale continental deformation at plate boundaries,
beyond both North America, and the auspices of Earthscope, and so we are
also pleased to announce a technical session on this topic open to
contributed abstracts. If you are interested in contributing an abstract
to this session on large-scale continental deformation at plate
boundaries, please submit your abstract to the
Geophysics/Tectonophysics/Seismology primary discipline, and include the
words "large-scale continental deformation" in either the title or the
first sentence of the abstract. Alternatively, contact Lucy Flesch
(lmflesch at purdue.edu) or Nathan Niemi (naniemi at umich.edu), and let them
know of your interest in contributing an abstract to this session.

We look forward to your contributions, and hope to see you at GSA!

Sincerely,

Lucy Flesch and Nathan Niemi