[unav_all] Seismological Staff Scientist/TA Hardware Engineer Job
posting @ IRIS/PASSCAL
magliocca at unavco.org
Thu Oct 23 08:08:45 MDT 2008
Seismological Staff Scientist/TA Hardware Engineer:
PASSCAL Instrument Center (www.passcal.nmt.edu) at New Mexico Tech is
seeking applicants to fill the position of TA Hardware Engineer.
Responsibilities include development, integration, transportation, and
maintenance of field instrumentation in support of the USArray Transportable
* Quality assurance of seismological and telemetry equipment
* Shipping, receiving, and inventory of equipment
* Maintain ancillary seismological equipment
* Maintenance of seismic systems
* B.S. in Science or Engineering or 3 or more years of directly
related experience relevant to the support of in-house and field seismology
* The ability to work productively and collegially in team situations
under demanding laboratory and field conditions
* Electronic troubleshooting experience
* Experience with field data collection systems
* Wireless communications, installation, and network design
* DC power systems
* Time-series data formats
* Seismological fieldwork
Applicants should submit a resume, official college transcripts, a letter of
professional interests, and the names and addresses, email addresses, and
phone numbers of three references to: IRIS PASSCAL TA Hardware Engineer, c/o
Human Resources, Box 069, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, 801
Leroy Place, Socorro, New Mexico 87801.
This position will be open until filled.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all